Component Recognized (E85349)
Extremely Wide Operating Range:
- Down to 0.7 GPM in 1.0 inch pipes
- Up to 1025 GPM in 16 inch pipes
Model Q-10N is provided with three factory adjustable parameters which provide performance flexibility to meet a multitude of applications:
- Target Area
- Target Length
- Target Stiffness
Available with NO, NC or SPDT Reed Switch
Send Us Your Special Requirements
We Will Quote A Special Unit To Meet Those Requirements
Designed for a broad spectrum of industrial fluids
- Pure water
- Tap water
- Sea water
- Cooling tower water
- Glycol solutions
- Lubricating oils
- Plating solutions
- Responds to fluid flow only, independent of line pressure and temperature.
- Max flow may be five times normal flow.
- Positive stop eliminates fatigue effects of turbulence, vibration and flow surge on flow detecting element.
- Quick response.
- Small size and low profile provides easy mounting in crowded installations.
- Very low pressure drop – typically less than 1.0 psig at normal flow rate.
- Line pressure to 250 psig at room temperature.
- Temperature to 200°F continuous.
- Switches 5 VDC to 240 VAC.
- Switches resistive and light inductive loads.
- Switches Dry Circuit Computer/PLC inputs.
- Switch employs magnetic coupling.
Monitoring flow of coolant water and fluids supplied to:
- RF and Radar transmitters
- High power transistors, SCR’s etc.
- Computer systems
- Brakes and clutches
- Spot welders
- Vacuum systems
- Marine and stationary engines
- Emergency wash down showers
- Fire sprinkler flow alarms
In Chemical Processing
- Liquid transfer
- Water treatment
- Sewage systems (filtered)
- Fluid blending systems
- Monitoring pump output, valve position, systems flow status
- Liquid scrubbers
- Starting back-up pumps
- Monitor filter clogging
- Heat transfer fluids
* NO = Normally Open; NC = Normally Closed; SPDT = Single Pull, Double Throw
Consult the Factory for Larger Pipe Sizes
Reed Switch Electrical Characteristics:
- SPNO Contact ratings:
- AC Voltage (Max switching) 300 VAC
- DC Voltage (Max switching) 350 VDC
- Current (max switching) 0.5 amp
- Current (max carrying) 2.5 amp
- Power (max) (VA, W) 50 watts
- Contact resistance (max initial) 0.15 ohms
- Insulation resistance 1010 ohms
- Operating temperature
- (-40°C – 115°C)
SPNC or SPDT, 3 Watt, 100VAC/VDC optional
Computer/PLC Dry Circuit Operation
Switch contacts have been tested with small relay and J-C 30 amp motor contactor inductive drive coils at 120 VAC and 240 VAC to 500,000 operations without failure. (Volt Amp approximately 6VA. Steady State/Transient surge approximately 34 VA).
Nominal Working Temperature/Pressure
- 200°F @ ambient pressure
- 250 Psig @ room temperature
- G.E. NORYL (PPO)
- (10% glass fibers)
- 316 Stainless steel
Sample Part Numbers
NOTE: Model Q-10N employs magnetic coupling between bending blade and switch body. Magnetic particles can accumulate on and around magnetic housing which may affect proper operation. Please conduct appropriate fluid magnetic particle evaluation and operational tests prior to and during installation and use.
- Installation drawing and a numbered parts list is supplied with each unit.
- Special One Day Delivery Available.