Component Recognized (E85349)
VERY LOW COST
- Miniature 1/2″ NPT Unit
- Available in SPDT, NO or NC Switch Operation
True Flow Switch Performance Independent of Pressure and Temperature. Flexible Design
- Target area
- Target Length
- Target stiffness
Which provide performance and flexibility to meet a multitude of pipe size and flow rate applications.
- Extremely Wide Operating Range:
- Down to 0.7 GPM in 3/4 inch pipes
- Up to 590 GPM in 8 inch pipes
- Many more switch points and pipe sizes available, consult factory for free analysis.
Send Us Your Special Requirements – We Will Quote A Special Unit To Meet Those Requirements
- Designed for a broad spectrum of industrial fluids – pure water, tap water, sea water, cooling tower water, glycol solutions, acids, bases, hydrocarbons, ketones, lubricating oils, gasoline, JP-4, plating solutions.
- Max flow may be five times normal flow.
- Positive stop essentially eliminates fatigue effects of turbulence, vibration and flow surge on flow detecting element.
- Very low pressure drop – typically less than 1.0 psig at normal flow rate.
- Line pressure to 250 psig.
- Temperature to 200°F continuous.
- Switches 5 VDC to 240 VAC.
- Power the driving coil of small ice cube relays as well as some 30 amp power relays.
- Provides dry circuit interface with computer and PLC modules.
- Small size and low profile provides easy mounting in crowded installations.
- Brakes and clutches
- Computer systems
- Emergency wash down showers
- Fire sprinkler flow alarms
- High power transistors, SCR’s etc.
- Marine and stationary engines
Monitoring flow and temperature of coolant water supplied to:
- RF and Radar transmitters
- Sea water & Fresh water systems
- Spot welders
- Vacuum systems
In Chemical Processing
- Liquid transfer
- Starting back-up pumps
- Sewage systems
- Fluid blending systems
- Monitoring pump output, valve position, systems flow status
- Liquid scrubbers
- Water treatment
- Monitor filter clogging
- Heat transfer fluids
CONSULT THE FACTORY FOR LARGER PIPES AND ADDITIONAL SWITCH POINTS.Electrical Switch Characteristics
- AC Voltage (max switching) 300 VAC
- DC Voltage (max switching) 350 VDC
- Current (max switching-DC) 0.5 amp
- Current (max carrying-DC) 2.5 amp
- Power (max resistance load) 50 watts
- Contact resistance (max initial) 0.15 ohms
- Insulation resistance 1010 ohms
- Operating temperature
SPNC or SPDT, 3 Watt, 100 VAC/VDC optional
Nominal Working Temperature/Pressure
- 200°F @ ambient pressure
- 250 Psig @ room temperature
Switch contacts have been tested with small relays and 30 amp J-C relay inductive driving coils at 120/240 VAC to 500,000 operations without failure.
Dry Circuit Operation
Switch can interface with microprocessor based controllers and related computer circuits.
- Model Q-12N
- G.E. NORYL (PPO) GFN-1
- (10% glass fibers)
- 316 Stainless steel
- PPO (Polyphenylene Oxide)
For performance in your working fluid see extensive corrosion resistance guide in the back of the catalog. Free parts samples are available for testing in your “exotic” unlisted fluids. NOTE: Model Q-12N employs magnetic coupling between float arm and switch body. Magnetic particles can accumulate on and around magnetic housing which may affect proper operation. Please conduct appropriate fluid magnetic particle evaluation and operational tests prior to and during installation and use.
- Installation drawing and a numbered parts list is supplied with each unit.
- Current Price Information is Listed on Separate Sheet.
- Special One Day Delivery Available.