Intrinsically Safe Solid State Hazardous Area Relay
Allows Use of Standard, Off-the-Shelf Switches in Hazardous Areas
What is intrinsically safe?
Intrinsically safe equipment and wiring is equipment and wiring which is incapable of releasing sufficient thermoelectric energy to cause ignition of a hazardous atmospheric mixture of gases, vapors, or dusts. Intrinsically safe electrical equipment and wiring may be installed in any hazardous location of any group classification for which it is accepted without requiring explosion-proof housings or other means or protection.
- Modern, cost effective, solid state technology eliminates expensive, old style, explosion proof enclosures.
- Installation and maintenance of equipment is fast, simple, and inexpensive.
- Long-term safety and reliability is increased substantially by elimination of sealed joints, special housings, and gaskets.
- Epoxy encapsulation of solid state circuitry provides protection against harsh industrial environments.
- Immunity to normal shocks, vibrations, thermal expansion, and contraction.
Single Unit Provides Two Modes of Operation for Liquid Level Applications
- Single Non-Latching Input for high or low level alarm.
- Dual Latching Input for Pump Up/Pump Down liquid level control.
Approved For Use in the Following Hazardous Areas:
CLASS 1 AND 2 DIVISION 1 GROUPS A, B, C, D, E, F, AND G
Approved: Factory Mutual System and U.L.
Versatile Single and Dual Input Switching Logic also allows one Unit to be Used in a Multitude of Alarm and
Control Applications, such as:
- Fluid Flow
Contact Design: SPDT
One normally open (N.O.) and One normally closed (N.C.)
8 amperes resistive load at 120/250 volts A.C. and 8 amperes at 30 volts D.C.
Electrical at rated load = 100,000 cycles.
Mechanical – 10,000,000 cycles
Solid State components epoxy encapsulated in nylon shell.
Primary (A.C. Supply Line)
(a) Voltage: 120 or 240 VAC, plus 10% minus 15%
(b) Frequency: 50/60 Hertz
(c) Power: Relay energized 2.2 watts
Secondary Nominal Voltage 11.3 VAC, 2.3 mA
Operates from 0 – 100,000 ohm maximum specific resistance.
-40° to 150°F ambient. Terminals: Size 6 pan head screws with captivated wire clamping plate.
Single Input (Non-Latching) Pilot Contact Actuated
NOTE: Jumper must be installed as shown to insure proper operation.
Dual Input (Latching) Pilot Contact Actuated
P/N S17 / A / 3 / C / 0
For use with 24 VAC Input Power
P/N S27 / A / 1 / D / 0
For use with 115/120 VAC 50/60 Input Power
P/N S27 / A / 2 / D / 0
For use with 220/240 VAC 50/60 Hz Input Power
- Installation drawing and a numbered parts list is supplied with each unit.
- Special One Day Delivery Available.